Wacky Almo and Coconut Macaroons
200g Desiccated Coconut (Fresh/ Dry)
30g Almond Flour
50g Wacky Almo
2 Egg Whites
60g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
WACKY ALMO BUTTER
- Using a blender, blend Wacky Almo for 7-8 minutes until it has reached a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer, whip the egg whites for 3-4 minutes. Stop and add sugar and vanilla essence. Whip again on medium speed for 6-7 minutes until it becomes creamy and holds soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, combine together desiccated coconut, almond flour and Wacky Almo butter.
- Carefully fold in the whipped egg whites into the dry mixture using a spatula until everything is well incorporated and the mixture looks sticky and wet.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat. Using an ice cream scoop or with your hands, make balls out of the mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons at 160°C for 20 minutes. Once out of the oven, let them cool down. The macaroons should be soft inside.
- Garnish with desiccated coconut.