Fudgy Cocova Brownies
1 1/4 cup (220g) Cocova dark chocolate buttons (split into 2 portions)
¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter
½ cup (90g) soft brown sugar
1/3 cup (60g) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (96g) all purpose flour
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C with fan. Line a metal 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Double boil butter & 110g of Cocova buttons in a saucepan over medium heat & whisk until melted.
- Once melted, add in sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, and whisk until well combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in flour and salt until just combined. Stir in the balance of the chocolate buttons.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes before slicing.