Double Chocolate & Macadamia Nut Cookies
30g Unsalted Butter (soft)
1no. Whole Egg
50g Caster Sugar
45g Brown Sugar
48g All-purpose Flour
7g Cocoa Powder
1/5g Baking powder
¼ tsp Salt
50g Macadamia nuts
115g Curious Dark Chocolate Buttons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Bring the whole egg and unsalted butter to room temperature before making the cookie mixture. The butter should be soft to touch.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or hand-held mixer, beat the butter until pale for 30 seconds.
- Add the caster sugar and brown sugar and beat the mixture for 1 minute. Make sure the sugar has mixed properly with the butter.
- Now add the egg and mix for 30 seconds.
- Mix a bowl, sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
- Add this dry mixture into the stand mixer and mix for 1 minute or until the mixture has been well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the macadamia nuts and chopped dark chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a scoop or a spoon, prepare cookie dough balls and place on the baking sheet with equal distance between them. Leave enough space between cookie balls for them to spread properly.
- Press macadamia nut pieces and dark chocolate on the surface of the balls.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave them to cool down for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Enjoy with coffee.