Chewy Chocolate Cookies
3/4 cup (140g) Cocova dark chocolate buttons (chopped into chunks)
1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (90g) soft brown sugar
1/3 cup (60g) granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup (160g) all purpose flour
1 large egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until it foams. Remove from fire when it turns brown, around 5–8 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl and let it cool completely.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to browned butter. Whisk for about 5 mins until it is light in colour and well combined.
- Add flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir until just combined & avoid overmixing. Stir in Cocova dark chocolate buttons.
- Scoop dough into balls with an ice cream scoop, place them on a tray at least 3cm apart and cover with clingwrap. Let them chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. If time allows, chill for 24-48 hours before baking.
- Let dough come to room temperature before baking. Preheat oven to 180°C with fan & bake for 10 mins. Let them cool for 30 mins before serving.